« Home | 3 years » | Back to School » | AYP » | Vacation » | Blogging for me is a great way to simply journal. ... »

Walking the dog

Bora and I just got back from a nice walk/jog at the lake. I love getting outside and exercising. It's especially great since Bora can get her exercise as well. I know she's gotten a good workout when she comes in and lays on the kitchen floor. It's cooler than the carpet.

Pat got me a device that hooks into my ipod and clocks how fast I go, how many calories I burn, and other great features. After I finish a workout, I plug my ipod into the computer and it takes me to a site that records every run that I've done. I can compare every run and set goals for myself. Having this encourages me to get out more.

As Bora and I were out walking today I didn't need to put Bora on a leash. She was super obedient. It made me proud to be her "mom." As I was smiling at her I started thinking about how I am like her in my dealings with God. Sometimes I'm totally obedient, I am serving my master and feel like we are one. Then other days, I run off and do my own thing. I eventually make my way back, but not before I have mud on my face.

About me

  • I'm Melanie
  • From Athens, Georgia, United States
  • I love Jesus, my family, and our church!
My profile