« Home | Healthy Lifestyle » | School thoughts » | Lake Party » | me on vacation! » | Walking the dog » | 3 years » | Back to School » | AYP » | Vacation » | Blogging for me is a great way to simply journal. ... »

Home Alone (Almost)

Pat is doing a wedding for two of our close friends this weekend. I am so excited that they are getting married, and really bummed that I couldn't be there in sunny Florida with them. With Pat gone, that leaves me and Bora! Bora is putting up with me, although I know she eagerly awaits Pats return.

While Pat has been gone, things have been a little off. I've been a little more clutsy than normal. Last night I was so excited about making a chocolate banana smoothie that was actually healthy. I put in all the ingredients and mixed it. When I was pouring it into the glass, the bottom of the blender glass fell off and smoothie went EVERYWHERE. All last night I thought about how careless I was. Then this morning when I was going to try my luck again, I noticed that there was a piece that is broken. No wonder smoothie was everywhere.

One cool thing that God does in marriages sometimes is pulls us apart. What I mean by that is that everytime Pat and I are separated, I have the time to reflect and realize to a greater degree how great he really is. We truly serve an awesome God that despite his magnitude, knows our individual needs.